Thursday, March 1, 2012

Custom Candle Holder for stained glass window

I thought it would be a neat idea to have soft candle light illuminate that Stained glass window so today I made a candle holder for the one side of it at the base so it can hold a decent sized candle in the middle and two votives.

I layed out the pattern on some sheet aluminum using rulers for making guide lines, a compass for the center curve and a french curve for the two end curves then cut out the tabs that I would be riveting to the face of the holder.  They go on the inside so it doesn't really matter what they look like as it will be above eye level.  I could have just cut straight tabs as they didn't overlap when bent over.  I cut the sharp edges off too.  Then riveted it all together and sealed with some caulk which is drying now.  I will put it on later tonight and take another picture!
I'll add another pic later!

No comments: