Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Year of Craft Beer, Vol. 132, Full Pint Chinookie IPA

HI Everyone!

Tonight's beer is from Full Pint Brewing Company in North Versailles, PA. and is classified an American IPA which is just an English IPA Americanized with American hops and ingredients and maybe dialed up a bit more on the bitter side.
The beer poured amber and hazy with a thin yellow head that pretty much fades unless you agitate the beer for aroma and the lacing is nice.

Aromas are of very piney hops grapefruit and sweet amber malt with a bit of bready yeast to it.

Bitterness starts off this fare with hints of pine and very strong grapefruit.  About mid-way malt sweetness shows up and then is pushed back by even more piney bitter from the hops.  There are strong hints of tropical fruit as well and as this warms they show up better.

The mouthfeel is creamy, full bodied, and dry with moderate or above carbonation.

Overall this is a good beer!  I get a strange fruity smell in the aroma that I can't quite put my finger on and it does detract from the beer.  It's an IPA so it's hoppy as hell!  I'd like to get a taste of this on tap and see how it compares.  I would recommend this beer with some good spicy foods.  I'm going to score this beer about 3.5 out of 5.  It didn't really wow me, but I'm not a huge bitter fan either.

Hey, you never know unless you try!  And you gotta try!

-Wiss

No comments: