Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Year of Craft Beer, Vol. 136 Full Pint Brown Ale

Hi!  I'm having a late start as I am prepping for a party this Friday so I'm not going to have a picture tonight with my beer because my phone is dead!  AHHHH what to do without a phone!

Anyway, hats off to Full Pint brewing for doing a brown ale which I don't see many of.  Brown Ale is kind of a catch-all description for basically a brown ale which was developed in Britain.  I believe (there is not much info on this beer) that this one is an American brown ale which of course can use American ingredients or have coffee and nuts added to it.  Alcohol can be mellow or high and the same for hops.

This one is really middle of the road and delicious

It poured a hazy brown in colour with a thin tan head made of tiny bubbles that leaves a quickly falling lacing pattern.

The aroma is dominated by roasted malt sweetness, biscuity yeast, and very mild hints of coffee and vanilla.

Astonishingly the flavour is the same!  It is caramel malt sweet throughout most of the sip with hints of roasted coffee, butterscotch and vanilla until the end when a very mild earthy hop bitterness comes into play.  It's balanced in favour of the sweet, but it's very nice.

It's got a full bodied and sweet mouthfeel with moderate carbonation and leaves a little slick on the tongue.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who likes English Ales and newbies to craft beer as I feel that it is highly drinkable!  If I had any complaint it would be that its a little too sweet, but barring that I think it's excellent and gets a 3.90 out of 5.00!

I'm so glad that I tried this beer!  You should try it too!

-Wiss

No comments: