Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wood Planing gives Blisters

Hello, the last two-three days I have planed the planks when I could. Went canoeing and to the beach as well so not much time was dedicated to planing. Which is actually a good thing because my hands were tired and needed a break in between each plank anyway. Plus there was the odd blister on my forefinger that was WEIRD! Each side took a good 1.5 to 2 hours to get the planks more level. I didn't think it would take so long, but I needed to get used to the hand planes anyway. I could see for production reasons that an electric plane would really come in handy for saving time. I'd have to learn how to use one of those better as well!


These are the chips from just one side. I really shaved some meat off of these planks. I'm sure I took an eighth of an inch off or more.

Time for gluing that frame. I'm gonna clean up and get everything ready for when my dad comes over to help me glue it up! See ya!

No comments: