Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Days till the Show! 8/31-9/3/2010

The Tuckerton, NJ Classic Wooden Boat Show is 3 days away. I had been working 16 hours a day over a period of like 4 weeks I beleive. Not sure. 220 hours plus invested into this puppy. I would be the first to exhibit a wooden surfboard at the show. They had just opened up a surfboard exhibit themselves at the museum so I was stoked to get the chance to get my boards to them and show them off!
Look closely, you will see major impact craters created by little particles of dust in my last hot coat for the board. If I didn't have those, I would have to do NO sanding. Look how shiny that coat is! Unfortuneately, I had to fill those pits in with epoxy and do more sanding to get them out. Mega-suckage!! I think that added another 12 hours on to the ordeal!!!!! It really pays to get a dust free room set aside for glassing so this doesn't happen!!!

*Those Raviolis are awesome by the way!* Blue is staring at me again begging for blood worms. He watches Stargate SG1 with me all the time.

The finishing touches, 3AM in the morning before the boat show. Im using wet/dry sandpaper. Starting with 300 grit moving to 1200 grit. Wet the board with water and sand away with your sanding pad! Laborious, but well worth the outcome!

My Mom and Dad have been extremely supportive of me since I moved back from Oregon. They mean so much to me and I hope they know how much I love them! The taller gent is my buddy Mike Visman. He and I grew up together and built surfboards back in the mid 1980's. His help with this board, as well as my Dad's, is so appreciated! Family and friends mean so much in life! Cheers Guys!!!


Me.
Sept. 3, 2010
Tuckerton, NJ
Tuckerton Classic Boat Show

There was a need for a better rack system, boards kept sliding.

My best friend Wade Donaway from LBI brought his family to the show so he could hang out and whatnot. I don't think I have a pic. Wade is one of my best buddies as well. His grandma and grandpa were the best people ever!

No comments: