Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Year of Craft Beer, Vol. 116, Evil Genius Doomsday

Hi everyone!

This is probably going to be my shortest review ever.  Lots to do in preparation of a Fair that the homebrew club is doing a homebrew exhibit for.

Ok this is a dunkelweizen and it's pretty much a dark version of a hefeweizen with some fruit characters to it and a little bit more in the way of malt.  Sounds delicious, eh?
I poured it too cold, in a hurry.  It is a dark mahagony and hazy with very little in the way of a head or lacing.

Aromas are of dark malts, caramel, clove and dark fruit.  Very little hops if any.

The flavour is pretty much the same.  Some mild hops finish it off but it's mostly a sweet beer.  Not exceedingly balanced.

Mouthfeel is sweet and full with very low carbonation.

Overall, I would call this beer good!  I would recommend it to try.  I would like to see what it's like on draught and warmer but it's a little flat.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Do it!

-Wiss

No comments: